Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Amanda

Why do I want to work in PR?
I love working with people and I'm told very often that I'm good with people. I want to work with people or companies and make them more appealing. Celebrities and high profile people lately have been acting very careless with their lives. Many getting arrested or involved in a scandal. I would try to make their image better. Everyone goes through rough patches in there life and I'm here to help. I mainly want to work with sports teams and also do their events. I love planning parties, I love how everyone gets together and has a good time. I want to be the reason everyone is having a good time by throwing an amazing party. My aunt introduced me party planning/ pr. She has been in the business for over 20 years and is a very successful woman. She worked at Rock Bottom as the top event coordinator and would throw parties for all the football teams that would come into Chicago to play the bears. I went to work with her when I was 7 years old and instantly fell in love. I loved how she had a vision and I loved seeing how it came to life and how everyone was enjoying themselves. She has worked for Harry Carry's, Martini Park, Donald Trump even asked contacted her for a position when he was building trump towers. (she was pregnant so she had to decline) I love planning events and getting everything all organized and seeing an idea come to life. I have friends who promote clubs downtown and throw events, they set everything up and get to enjoy their work and have fun, on top of that they get paid. I think its so cool how I get to work with so many people and bring them together for a fun occasion.

1 comment:

  1. Amanda I completely understand where you're coming from. I feel like we had the same occurrence that sparked our interest in what we want to pursue. I can honestly see you party planning and hosting major event for the city. You articulate things very well and you're not afraid to speak your mind. Which I believe is a major attribute for PR. Another thing, when we are both successful beings, let's work together? We can make things happen.

    ReplyDelete