Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Dominick Cavaiani

My major is audio arts and acoustics. I fell in love with it when I volunteered at my local church running the sound board and i just absolutely loved it. I have been doing the sound for a couple years and i will start up again this season. I always wanted to learn more about it and eventually do it for a profession. I have always wanted to go to Columbia for some type of music incorporated major, so after talking to my lesson teacher, who played another huge role in what i want to do. He being a musician we always talked about music and once i told him about being an audio major, he helped me out by discovering a part of me that i did not know i had, and that helped me decide on audio. I also go to a lot of concerts and as im sitting at these concerts, i dont just watch the performer but i also see the people in the tent controlling the sound, and how they react was an inspiration to me. I knew this is what I wanted to do and this is the school I want to go to. I always wanted to do something with music. I started playing an instrument back in elementary school but I never thought any of it, but in middle school I had a teacher called Mr. Worth, and he was a huge influence on me wanting to go into music. Then getting into high school my influences consisted of teachers and peers. All that put together created my passion for audio and ya. So music is my passion and audio is what I want to pursue really bad!

1 comment:

  1. HEY FRIEND, i THINK YOU ARE A CODE ...lol i think the part where you look at the sound person was "cool" is funny. haha WEIRDO i can picture your head just turned around looking at him/her and ppl like "what the hell is he doing" haha. but it was good. ADD COLOR NEXT TIME!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete