Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Why why why.

Well seeing that I have no talent whatsoever. Well non that I have discovered YET. I knew that I wanted to manage the talent. I'm self motivated and I like getting tasks completed. So back to when I found this inspiration. I knew since I was a lad that I wanted to pursue a career in the music field but like i said above, i don't play an instrument or sing for that matter (well i sing, but nothing good. that's just me though) So I found myself going to the local library and getting literature on the music business side of things. That's when it came to me, I want to scope out the new talent and make it my goal to get them known. When I was 14 I met my friend Bojan who is currently a Music Agent for The Windish Agency here in Chicago. He was already into the whole managing and promoting of local bands from DeKalb at The House Cafe and other venues around NIU. His managing/business skills turned me on even more to becoming a talent manager. The way he dealt with business and the strive he had to promote whoever it was was very admirable, still is actually. He took me under his wing and would allow me to come with to talk to the owners of venues. That way I could see for myself how he presented the portfolio and demo cd about the band he was trying to book. So all this made the anticipate for my chance to mange someone. That's when my best friend Logan created a band and gave me the opportunity to take care of them. I was in charge of promoting them, making sure demos were being processed as well as shirts and pins. Talking to Jan (the owner of The House Cafe) to see when we could fit The Patience in (that was the bands name) As well as talking to a friend of mine who was working for the Norther Star (NIU student paper) to show up and publicize them even more. Unfortunately 2 out of the 3 girls ended up moving to Chicago and the band split up. Which led to the end of my managing experience. FOR NOW.

1 comment:

  1. This is great and could we all say OPPORTUNITY!!! I love the your career!!! There is so much talent in Chicago and i feel like we sometimes get over looked. I believe that could be a talent as well I'm mean even though your not the one singing writing dancing or acting you are the person that have the eye and the ears for the great talent that you live above!!!!

    ReplyDelete