Wednesday, August 10, 2011

That one project in 4th grade..

In the fourth grade I was required to do a project on Quincy Jones. When I was given his name I had no idea who he was and what he did. As I did the research he basically did everything the music industry can offer. He was a prodcuer, singer, songwriter, manager, creating his own record label, and so much more. During his life he had a brain aneuysm and he recovered and still continued managing and writing. Ever since then I became more involoved with music. I want to accomplish as much as he did for my future, but I have been put down by my parents so many times in other occassions, such as my grades in highschool. My parents expect so much more from me because I am an only child and I should learn to do things on my own, yet again when they grew up with older brothers and sisters they had help; I only have me, myself and I. I wasnt the perfect student in highschool so my parents think I will never change. They do not agree on what I want as a career, but mainly they do not think I am capable of the work my career has to offer. My parents do not know me as well as they think, but what they have said has only made me stronger and to go against their decisions for my life and take a risk for it. I decided to go with music buisness management as a challenge for myself; a new beginning. I am open to risks and challenges because you never know what the outcome would be, but you learn from it. Quincy Jones did not let the brain aneursym tramuatize him, he still continued and prived to others he can go on.My drive and passion toward my major is not to prove others what I can accomplish, but to prove myself I can do it all on my own reguardless of the people who support me or not. With opportunities I feel it in my heart that Columbia can lead me to the right direction, but its up to me to succeed.

1 comment:

  1. That sucks your parents don't support your career choice. But I'm sure they will once you make it into the field your going in. And Quincy is a genius Micheal Jackson's Thriller was is best project.

    ReplyDelete