Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Nicolette...Nicki?






"Hey Nicki can you to take the dog a bath, clean the washroom, and vacum the house before you make plans, I'm leaving to work in a few,"my mom tells me. Four hours later I have not done anything and I made plans to go to the mall with my friends. I leave to go out before she comes home from work thinking she'll let me slide by. I come home from the mall and the first thing I here when I come through the door, a loud yell of my name, "NICOLETTE!", I already knew my punishment.



When things are needed for a serious situation I go by the name Nicolette, as when my mom is mad at me, or when I am in school, otherwise everyone calls me Nicki. I rather be called Nicki most of the time instead of Nicolette because I feel my name is something I have to own up to. Nicki is different in a way were I can be outgoing and be the person I am. You can look at it as I have two different attiudes with my name, surprisingly thats how I was raised. My parents wanted me to grow up responisble and respectable, yet not boring and serious. Whenever some one calls me Nicolette the scenario would be at school, at work, or in other cases where I'm in trouble. Whenever some one calls me Nicki matters would be with friends, family, or people I know on a personal level.



I dont mind being called Nicolette from people who don't know me well, but speaking about who I am now, just call me Nicki. Names are important because thats how some people are defined and a name is a person, or whatever the case may be. Whether someone calls me Nicolette or Nicki, I have no choice but to respond, its who I am. Reguardless of where I am and someone decides to call me Nicki in school, and Nicolette at a party, I will still act serious at school and I will have fun at that party. Everyday can be a fun day, I learned to appricate both of my names in any occassion (haha that sounds werid). Since you only live once, I like to follow the saying James Dean once said,




"Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die today."

No comments:

Post a Comment