Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Marylin

When I was younger, I had a blog spot of my own. I wrote everything that I felt.
I basically wrote my every day life without caring if I put too much info or not on it. I posted every now and then, and sometimes i would post the link on MySpace (back when it was cool) so that people could read what i would write. Getting feedback from my friends whether it was good or bad, gave me the motivation and the passion to continue to express myself through writing. My writing got deeper and deeper as i continued to post.
Then, i started to have problems in my life. Unfortunately, instead of taking it out on the keyboard and writing about how i felt, i completely stopped writing. I didn't care for it and i just simply did not want to do it anymore. My thoughts were wandering off and then my mind went fully blank. I simply did not know how to express myself at all anymore.
I am a very abstruse person. If i didn't have writing, who else could understand me? I sure didn't.
Then, my last year in high school, one friend asked, "Do you still blog?" I answered, "Nope. Not anymore..." They replied, "Why? You were so good at it!"
When i was told that, something had just clicked.
I realized that I had stopped writing because i started to have problems in life. Pfft, PATHETIC!
Truth is, EVERYONE has problems, and just because we have problems, doesn't mean that we have to give up on what we truly love.
So, as time went on, I decided i wanted to continue and finish what i had once started and take it to the next level. I want to improve in my writing; I want to make it 100 times better. I want people to love what i write. To read what i have to say.
Coming to Columbia to major in Journalism is a big step for me. I feel like this school will prepare me for whatever i would like to accomplish in life.

So, am i ready to take this big step to further what i love to do? Absolutely!

1 comment:

  1. it was great that you hand enough courage to continue writing even though you said you had problems in your life. I can tell just by this post that you extremely still have love for writing because your great at expressing yourself! It was so nice of your friend to ask you that question about the blog, because it seems that you wouldn't of expanded this great talent that you have and take your ideas to Columbia.

    ReplyDelete