Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Jodeci

I'm 5 years old with my plastic guitar strapped over my shoulder . I'm on my stage (my mothers fireplace) I cue my mom to play my music. Prince "The Beautiful Ones starts" starts to play, and I go into full performance mode. Atfer my grand performance (which was awesome), I realized my voice was not the business. My mom lied and told me it was but, she was just being nice. Plus I think she enjoyed me making a fool of myself. Growing up I've always liked music and everything about it. My mom got me EVERY Disney soundtrack tape there was out. I would know all the words to the tapes when my mom played them in the car. As I got older she started to play more of the music she listen to in her younger days. Outside of my Disney soundtrack, my mom played Prince Purple Rain. Ever since then I was hooked. I dropped my Disney tapes and cartoons. I couldn't believe how much music I've been missing. So I wanted to be a singer when I was little. But the older I got and my voice matured, I still couldn't singer. You know when your younger it's cute. But when your pushing 12 it's time to call it a rap. I had so much passion for music but couldn't express it the way I wanted. Then one day I was watching this show about Whitney Houston, and they were talking about this guy Clive Davis. So I looked him up and realized this guy is AMAZING. After reading all the talent he signed and made into mega starts, I wanted to be just like him. I was so pumped they had job for the unfortunate folks who couldn't singe, dance, or play a instrument. Since then I always told my family I'm going to be an A&R one day just like Clive Davis. So here I am now in school hoping one day to achieve that dream job.

1 comment:

  1. My mom did the exact same thing. I think i had like every Disney cd and would always perform until i realized i could not sing to save my life. Then as I grew older she showed me all the music you love. I have always been interested in music but you have a real passion which is awesome. You'll do great things

    ReplyDelete